San Jose Water Heater Repair
Water Heater Replacement in San Jose & Santa Clara
Your water heater is responsible for keeping your shower warm, enabling a hot cycle of your washing machine, and providing heated water from your faucet. When it is not functioning properly, you realize just how valuable it is. If you are experiencing issues with your traditional or tankless water heater, call on EJ Plumbing for quality repairs and replacements. Located in Santa Clara, we proudly serve customers in San Jose and throughout the Silicon Valley.
Call EJ Plumbing at (650) 513-8852 or use our online form to schedule water heater repair in San Jose.
Does Your Water Heater Need Repair or Replacement?
Your water heater can last a long time and it’s one of those things that is out of sight out of mind. That is why many people forget about it until an issue occurs, and you may find yourself asking whether it can be repaired by our expert San Jose water heater repair team or if it needs to be replaced.Some of the telltale signs you need water heater repair include:
- Water smells metallic
- Water is warm but doesn’t get hot
- Water is cold
- There is noise coming from the unit
- Water has a muddy texture from sediment buildup
- Tank is leaking or has a puddle around it
- Water heater seems to keep needing repairs
- It has been a long time since the unit was replaced
Water heaters can be repaired and many times these repairs allow it to function for a few more years. However, when your water heater has run its course and it is time for a new system, there are a number of updated features our team can speak with you about. Newer technology means that these systems can be more efficient, reducing your consumption and lowering your monthly bill. There are also energy efficient models for those who specifically want to reduce their usage even more.
Signs Your Water Heater is Failing
Is your water heater not supplying your family with enough hot water or completely failing to produce hot water? Do you constantly find yourself needing water heater repairs? It might be time to replace your unit.
Signs Your Water Heater is Beyond Repair & Needs to Be Replaced
- Water Heater Lifespans: Water heaters typically last between 8-12years before a replacement is needed. If your water heater is in that age range, it may very well need to be replaced. But if it’s not very old, a simple service call to EJ Plumbing may be all you need.
- Typical Water Heater Problems: Water heaters are fairly simple devices. They store and heat water, which makes them fairly reliable. However, they can develop problems as they age, especially if you have acidic or hard water, which can damage heating elements and cause hot spots within the unit that damage the glass liner.
- The Hot Water Never Comes On: If you don’t have any hot water in your home at all, something is wrong with the water heater. While it may be something like a gas line and not the water heater itself, you will want to call a plumber to diagnose the problem. It could involve any of the components mentioned above, too.
- The Water Heater is Leaking: If the water heater is leaking, there are ways to patch it. However, a leaking water heater usually means that it is not going to last much longer. It may be in your best interest to consider the cost of possible repairs and future repairs versus simply buying a new water heater instead.
Other signs that you may need a new water heater soon can include rust-colored water or the water having a strange smell to it. These are signs of rust or corrosion of the anode rod or water tank itself. This is definitely the time to schedule installing a new water heater in your home. Call our San Jose plumbers for reliable water heater repair and installation.
My Water Heater is Leaking - Can it Be Repaired?
A leaking water heater is a serious problem; any kind of water leak can lead to costly water damage to drywall, floors, and personal property if not dealt with in a timely manner. If you have noticed a leak from your water heater, immediately call EJ Plumbing to have one of our water heater professionals assess the leak. Depending on where the leak is coming from, it may be possible to repair your water heater instead of having to replace it altogether. Typically, leaks coming from valves or inlet/outlet connections are repairable; however, if your water heater is leaking from the bottom, it's probably time for a replacement, as this signals that the tank is already corroded beyond repair.
New Water Heater Installation
If an inspection of your water heater reveals that it's time for a new one, our experienced San Jose water heater installation technicians can help you choose the right brand, type, and size for your needs. Although installing a new water heater is an investment, it is one that will pay dividends in the form of reliable hot water and cost savings on repairs. Plus, with so many energy-efficient options to choose from, you can also expect lower cost of ownership over an outdated energy-waster. Give us a call now to learn more!
Our San Jose water heater replacement team is standing by to assist you. Contact us today!
Further Reading -
Fast Response Time
20+ Years of Experience
Top Quality Services
Same Day Service
Family Owned & Operated