Santa Clara Drain Cleaning
Fast, Affordable Drain Clearing Solutions from Top-Rated Local Pros
A backed up drain is a huge inconvenience no matter when or where it happens. If you're dealing with a smelly clogged drain, don't wait to call EJ Plumbing for fast, effective service at fair prices. With more than 20 years of experience, there's no clog too tough for our plumbers to handle! For your convenience, we happily offer same-day service.
Our Santa Clara drain cleaning services cover:
- Clogged kitchen sink drains
- Backed up shower and tub drains
- Clogged floor drains
- Clogged toilets
How to Avoid Clogged Drains
Clogged drains are a part of life: they’re going to happen eventually. However, they will happen a lot more frequently if you don’t take adequate care of your drains and be careful what you put down them. At EJ Plumbing, we understand the stress and hassle of a drain clog, so we want to arm you with the knowledge of how to avoid them. Believe it or not, it’s easier than you might think.
- Be careful what you put down the drain. Your drains can’t handle anything and everything you throw at them. Certain things are more conducive to building up clogs, so avoiding putting those things down your drain will help your drain clog up less. Try to avoid putting long strands of hair, clog-causing foods, fats and oils, or excessively sticky substances down your drain. You’ll be thankful later when you don’t have to worry about the hassle of a nasty clog.
- Use your garbage can. If you’re not sure whether or not you should put something down your drain, err on the side of caution and just throw it away in your regular garbage can. In addition to causing clogs, some substances can actually cause serious damage to your drain itself, including corroding away at the walls of your drain line.
- Never use chemical drain cleaners. Have you ever seen those chemical drain cleaner products on the shelves at home improvement stores? Don’t waste your time or your money—these strong acids are designed to eat away at clogs and dissolve them, but they also dissolve your drain line, damaging it. A better argument can be made for biological drain cleaners, including ones that use specially-designed bacteria to eat away at clogs because these types of bacteria are harmless and do eat away at residue. However, they take a long time and are not a fast solution when you have a clog in your line.
- Have your drains inspected by a professional. If you want to avoid the hassle of a clog, regular drain inspections can do just that. A professional inspection uses modern tools like a drain camera to check for buildup accumulating on the walls of your line as well as the condition of the drain line itself. If this buildup is becoming an issue, a plumber can then go in with a jetting tool and clean the line to prevent a clog from forming.
How Does Hydro Jetting Work?
Hydro jetting involves using highly pressurized water to remove and break down build up, grease, and tree roots from drain and sewer lines. The process involved a hose, nozzle,and a machine that can emit pressurized water up to 4000 PSI and offers a safer way to clean your pipes. This is a better alternative to chemical cleaners or digging up trenches for sewer cleanings.
EJ Plumbing is a family-operated company that puts our customers first. Give us a call now at (650) 513-8852 to schedule your next service.